Ok, so I swore that when I set out on my own blogging adventure, I wasn’t going to start a wedding blog. I’m still not, I promise. While this blog remains a space for design, inspiration, etc… it’s also about helping you connect to other people and places in the Rocky Mountains. I’ve also had a few requests for ranch recommendations lately, so I thought I would take advantage of the info round up and share it with all of you.
There are endless incredible barns, cabins, backyards, and bluffs for your Montana wedding, but this particular post will focus on venues with 1). on-site accommodations and 2). activities for guests (i.e. fishing, hiking, horseback riding). So if you’re tying the knot and ISO of the a ranch getaway , here are a few suggestions.
** Disclaimer: Do not send me hate mail because some of these venues require a second mortgage/the sale of a kidney. The internet is vast. Some of you might be trying to plan an intimate destination wedding, some of you might fly to NYC on a private jet to shop for your wedding dress. I’m not a mind reader… I’m just a MT girl standing in front of the internet asking it to love her (bonus points for knowing the movie reference). ANYWAY, I’m not going to touch on budgets in this post… you’ll have to do your own digging in that department. **
In no particular order…
1. Lone Mountain Ranch, Big Sky
2. Rainbow Ranch, Big Sky
3. Bar W Guest Ranch, Whitefish
4. The Resort at Paws Up, Greenough
5. The Ranch at Rock Creek, Philipsburg
6. Chico Hot Springs (this might fall into the “resort” category but it’s one of my favorite places in Montana… plus there are horses… and a pool… and this view.)
Photography: Treehouse Photography
7. 320 Guest Ranch, Big Sky
8. Mountain Sky Guest Ranch, Emigrant, outside Yellowstone National Park
9. Grizzly Creek Ranch, Emigrant (outside of Yellowstone National Park)
Photography: Mary Dougherty
10. Green Valley Ranch, Coram (outside Glacier National Park)
11. E Bar L Ranch, Greenough (I can find very little about the E Bar L online. This link is for their FB page. If you have more info for them let me know… better yet, if you are the E Bar L Ranch and you need a website, tell me!)
The Dude Ranchers’ Association has a great list of Montana ranches. I do know some of them have weddings. Even if you’re not looking for venue, one of them might be the perfect honeymoon location. Here are a few more locations on my radar. Sadly, I couldn’t find any wedding related images for this post and/or the wedding info was lacking, but I think it’s worth reaching out if you’re on the venue hunt. Good luck!
- Triple Creek Ranch (I mean… how is it that a celebrity hasn’t had a big to-do here yet?!?!)
Will someone get married in one of these places and send me the pics!! Please.